Special Events Manager （Temporary Summer Position)
Temporary Full-time position with 40 hours/week for 8 weeks
This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this position, you must be between the ages 15-30 on the start date of the position. You must have been a full-time student during the previous academic year and be intending to return to school full-time in the next academic year. You also must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee with protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You must also be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign students are not eligible for this position.
- Individual needs to be organized and be able to work in a demanding fast paced environment
- Individual will be responsible for Taste of Asia festival project, scope includes Public Relations, Cultural program (performance and other activities), logistics, volunteer coordinating, reporting
- Responsible for coordinating with sponsors, organizations, performers and creating rundowns
- Festival logistics- following up on vendor information, relevant government branches
- Knowledge of Technical Safety Standard Act, Occupational Health and Safety, Public Health and Safety
- Must be fluent in English (Communicating, Writing and Reading), Communication in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is preferred
The special events manager will spend time creating cultural program, with consideration of the priorities Celebrate Canada 150 and Heritage, which are applicable for visible minorities and educate visitors about the different cultures of Asia- to celebrate Multiculturalism day, Canada day and other Canadian customs. The Special events manager will include individuals of all ages into the cultural program for cultural and provide opportunities for individuals to access and pursue cultural arts.
The special events manager will work closely with upper management in this event to realize their visions and modify programs to be educational and culturally vibrant. The special events manager will also work closely with volunteer coordinator and volunteer base, composed of youth from minorities, disadvantaged youth to encourage leadership development amongst peers and train the individual to assume tasks and department.
- Must be fluent in English (Communicating, Writing and Reading), Communication in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset
- Must be enrolled full-time in a Post-secondary institution, with proof of enrolment
- Police Clearance Certificate is required (cost will be reimbursed with provision of original receipt)
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org