Program Assistant (Temporary Summer Position)
Temporary Full-time position with 40 hours a week for 8 weeks
This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this position, you must be between the ages 15-30 on the start date of the position. You must have been a full-time student during the previous academic year and be intending to return to school full-time in the next academic year. You also must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a refugee with protection under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You must also be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign students are not eligible for this position.
- Assist with cultural & interest class, summer program design for youth and seniors set to take place in July and August
- Assist with Administering program over the course of the summer camp program for youth and seniors
- Assist in day to day procedures at the FCCM centre for concurrent programs
- Promotion and Recruitment of students at booths between May & June
- Assist in fee collection for cultural classes and data entry after fee collection
The program assistant will be assisting the FCCM Markham Chinese Cultural centre in designing programs that are suitable for youth and adults/seniors that are suitable to create meaningful memories, interaction and health benefits for visible minorities. Program assistant will also assist program manager in hosting health and information seminars over the course of the two months.
- Must be fluent in English (Communicating, Writing and Reading), Communication in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset
- Must be enrolled full-time in a Post-secondary institution, with proof of enrolment
- Police Clearance Certificate is required (cost will be reimbursed with provision of original receipt
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com